Flower transfer dressers
Here are a couple more client furniture projects. I will post the before pics so you can see how different they look now.
The client was changing her daughters' room to blush/gray/white. So she wanted the dressers to incorporate those colors. She also wanted them to be feminine, soft and girly. So I added the flowers so we could achieve that look.
I used a blush color of paint called English Rose by Fusion. It is more on the side of pink than on the side of coral, which is what we wanted. The gray color is a combination of grays from Dixie Belle that I mixed up.
The transfers are the Prima IOD transfers. I will include a photo of how the transfer is often used on dressers, but I did not want any of the words, just the flowers. You can easily cut up the transfers and use what you want. They are very easy to use.
I cleaned the dressers first. I then started sanding, just to make sure i got off all the grease and finger prints, scratches, etc. I actually thought that the stencil pattern could be incorporated into the look of the dresser so I did not want to sand away the entire stencils. I wanted a very light showing still of the stencils that were on there. I'm not sure if you can see them in the photo's but you can see them in real life.
I painted the bases first. I sealed with Modern Masters dead flat varnish. The drawers I painted in a mixture of different grays from Dixie Belle paint. There are a few layers on the drawers. I finished it off with a very light water down coat of a cream color, wiped with a damp cloth. I also did some distressing on the drawers to show the underneath grays.
Once everything was dry I then applied the transfers. This took a while as I had to figure out the pattern I wanted. I ended up ordering two sets of the transfers for the large dresser and one set for the smaller dresser. I cut up all the flowers and figured out the layout on the dressers. I sealed it all with MM dead flat varnish.
I love how they turned out! I was impressed with the transfers too and how easy they were to use.
I also replaced all the hardware with new ones from Hobby Lobby.